Depression generally results in feelings of low mood which can make even simple daily tasks seem insurmountable.
Symptoms of depression include:
• Continuous low mood or sadness
• Feeling hopeless and helpless
• Low self-esteem
• Feelings of guilt
• Lack of motivation or interest in things
• Finding it difficult to make decisions
• Not getting any enjoyment out of life
• Suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming yourself
• Feeling anxious or worried
• Loss of appetite and/or sleep
How can counselling help
In general, counselling can lead to positive changes within a few sessions, depending on individual circumstances.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is particularly helpful to bring on positive changes within a few sessions. It is generally used to identify, understand and change unhelpful thinking and behavioural patterns.